1. Method and Purpose of Collecting Personal Information
Upon registering an account for the service, we collect Users' personal information such as: name, and email address. We shall process Users' personal information as per our contractual relationship with the Users, in the meaning of art. 6.1b GDPR. We shall appropriately obtain the personal information without deception or other wrongful means. We will use the collected private information for the following purposes (hereinafter referred to as "purposes of use").
- To provide and administer the service.
- To introduce our services.
- For improving and developing our services.
- To address inquires.
- For purposes subsidiary to the aforementioned purposes of use.
As a Japan-based company, we will securely process Users' personal information in Japan.
On January 23, 2019 the European Commission adopted an adequacy decision on Japan, allowing personal data to flow freely between the two economies on
the basis of strong protection guarantees.
We will store Users' personal information as long as their account is active. Users' personal information will be deleted upon deletion of the account by the User.
2. Restrictions on Usage of Personal Information
We will not make use of personal information beyond the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use without obtaining the consent of the individual, except as permitted by the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other laws and regulations. However, this shall not apply in the following cases:
- (1) When required by law
- (2) When necessary to protect an individual's life, person, or property, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual.
- (3) When particularly necessary for improvement of public health or promotion of healthy upbringing of children, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual.
- (4) When necessary to cooperate with a national agency, a local government, or an individual or entity entrusted by either a national agency or local government to execute affairs prescribed by law, and obtaining the consent of the individual is likely to impede the execution of such affairs.
- (5) When the business operator handling personal information is an academic research institution, etc., and it is necessary to provide the personal information for the purposes of academic research. (hereinafter referred to as "academic research purpose") (This includes cases where the purpose of providing personal information is partly for academic research purposes, and excludes cases where there is a risk of unjustly infringing on the rights and interests of the individual.)
- (6) When personal information is provided to an academic research institution, etc., and when the academic research institution, etc.
needs to make use of the personal information for academic research purposes (This includes cases where the purpose of
using the personal information is partly for academic research purposes, and excludes cases where there is a risk of unjustly infringing
on the rights and interests of individual.)
We will not use personal information in a manner that may encourage or induce illegal or unfair acts.
3. Provision to A Third Party
We shall not provide collected personal information to third parties without consent in advance, except for in the following cases:
- Within necessity, in order to fulfill the purposes of use, when we share all or a part of the personal information to an external service (PayPal, crowd translation services, etc.).
- When the personal information is provided due to the succession of the business as a result of merging, acquisition, or other business-related reasons.
- For other matters stipulated by The Japanese Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other regulations.
4. Users' Data Protection Rights
As per The Act on the Protection of Personal Information, upon a User's request, personal information will not be disclosed, corrected,
or used in other such ways, once the confirmation of such a request from the user concerned is verified (If the User's information does not exist,
a notice will be sent).
Users are entitled to the following:
The right to access - Users have the right to request for copies of their personal information.
The right to rectification - Users have the right to request that we correct any information the User believes is inaccurate. Users also have the right to request of us to complete such information.
The right to erasure - Users have the right to request that we erase Users’ personal information, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing - Users have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing - Users have the right to object to our processing of Users' personal information, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability - Users have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to Users, under certain conditions.
If Users make a request, we have one month to respond to Users.
Users can address comments, questions, or complaints regarding the use of personal information to the following address:
16F Link Square Shinjuku, 5-27-5 Sendagaya, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 151-0051
The right to report a complaint - Users have the right to contact a competent Surveillance Authority in the case that we have not addressed Users' concern in a satisfactory manner.
5. Secure Storage of Personal Information
We will take necessary and appropriate measures for the prevention of leaks, loss, or damage, and the safe management of personal information.
- (1) We have established internal rules and routines for the handling of personal information
- (2) In order to ensure thorough safety management of personal information, the Company will provide appropriate education and training to officers and employees.
- (3) We will endeavor to keep the personal information we hold accurate and up-to-date.
- (5) When the Company provides personal data to a subcontractor within the scope of the purpose of use, the subcontractor will take measures to ensure security control and supervision of the subcontractor.
6. Reporting of leaks, etc.
In the event of leakage, loss, damage, etc. of personal information managed by the Company, if it is necessary to report to the Personal Information Protection Commission and notify a representative in accordance with the provisions of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, we will make the required reports and notifications.
7. Cookie Function
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When Users visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
Keeping Users signed in
Understanding how Users use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are different types of cookies, and our website uses:
Functionality - We use these cookies so that we recognize Users on our website and remember Users' previously selected preferences. These could include language preference and location.
Advertising - We use these cookies to collect information about the Users visit to our website, the content Users viewed, the links that Users followed, and information about Users' browser, device, and IP address. We sometimes share some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners.
How to manage cookies
Users can set their browser not to accept cookies. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
8. Contact for Further Information
Address: 16F Link Square Shinjuku, 5-27-5 Sendagaya, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 151-0051