Translating documents with YarakuZen is as simple as "drag and drop". We support popular file formats like Word, Excel, PDF, and many more. Plus, you don't have to fuss with format and layout changes. Just upload your file, press "Start Translation" and watch it go. For unsupported formats, convert your file to one of the following formats, then you're ready for action.
Supported file formats:
- Word (.docx)
- Excel (.xlsx)
- PowerPoint (.pptx)
- CSV (.csv)
- PDF (.pdf)
- HTML (.html)
In addition to dragging and dropping files, you can type directly the text field and click or tap "Start Translation" to begin.
- With PDF files, the layout and format cannot be saved and the file text can only be translated if it is saved as text data.
- If the number of characters exceeds the maximum limit, please separate it into several files.
YarakuZen lets you choose your translations based on the quality, volume, deadline and requested languages you need.
You can (A) Translate it yourself, (B) Order a translation or (C) Crowdsource a translation and edit it yourself..
A. Translate it Yourself
Using the right-hand side panel for reference, you can self-edit your documents.
- After editing, press Enter or click the checkbox to save a part of text.
- Select text from the source document to look it up on YarakuZen, Google and Wikipedia with just one click.
- Click on the Source tab to view the source file. Click on Preview tab to see the translated document.
B. Order a Translation
To order your translation, select “Order Translation” in the upper-middle of the page.
- You can personally choose which parts to translate and modify parts with Complete Match and Partial Match to reduce costs.
- To translate high-profile documents, please choose our Business-level translation.
- Html tags will be counted as one character each, starting from the opening bracket (<) up to the closing bracket (>)
C. Crowdsource a Translation
When you order a crowdsourced translation, where you may sacrifice quality, you make it up in speed and savings.
The first step is to edit phrases that are "Complete Match" or "Partial Match" status. Then order Casual translation for everything except Confirmed results. When the translation is finished, simply review and edit the text.
- Since the quality of Standard level translations is better than Casual, to save time and effort, select the Standard level.
- If you check "Attach original file" when placing your order, you can receive a better translation.
Now you can download the file by clicking on "Download".
Open the downloaded file and adjust the layout and design as needed to finish up.
- You may want to adjust the layout, font and text size after the download.
- In many cases, if you translate from East Asian languages (Japanese/Chinese/Korean) to languages that use Latin letters (English, Spanish, etc.), you can get the same text size if you make it 20% smaller and vice-versa.
- If the downloaded file's text becomes garbled, it's likely because the font is not compatible with the target language. Simple change the font to make it appear properly.